Fulqrum Publishing have announced Warpaws, a furry RTS game inspired by genre classics.
Warpaws releases in 2023 for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series XIS.
Warpaws is a colorful and comedic classically inspired RTS where armies of dogs wage war against cats with exaggerated WWII-style technology and weapons. The game promises to have a fairly accessible learning curve for newbies, but enough tactical depth to keep veteran RTS fans engaged.
Players will capture objective points, expand their base, and recruit armies of furry soldiers and quirky tanks. Warpaws features 5 different environmental biomes, each of which have unique hazards that can be used to tip the scales in your favor.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Who’s better, cats or dogs?
Warpaws is a real-time strategy game where dogs and cats duke it out in a lighthearted alternate world using WWII-inspired armaments. Wage all-out war, shown through the lens of classic, cartoon-inspired art with slapstick humour. Will you achieve military purrfection or will your soldiers live through a ruff day in hell?
Inspired by the legendary Z
Unleash strategic carnage in five battle-torn biomes. Deploy spies for stealthy showdowns, send bazooka-wielding soldiers to dominate skirmishes on sand dunes, or assemble a mix of gunners, engineers, and fiery pyros suited for any engagement. Each unit stands on its own; instead of replacing them with direct upgrades, all characters have their own specialties.
Primary objective: Have fun!
Battle through a single-player campaign or compete against other players in a variety of multiplayer modes. Call upon a trusted ally and take down AI forces in a co-op mode, duke it out in online versus mode matches, or become the King of the Hill champion. Master each map type — Desert, Polar, Lava, City, Islands — and take advantage of their different terrain. Destroy frozen lakes to drown platoons, lead opponents into snowstorms, or even trick them into swimming with sharks.
- FUN as a priority, both in gameplay and art-style
- Play as either cats or dogs
- Easy to learn, difficult to master deep tactical gameplay
- Focus on units management, no resources or complicated base-building
- Capturing strategic points on the map opens new units and other advantages
- Destructible environment elements
- Environmental hazards that can turn the tide of battle
- Comprehensive single-player campaign including animated comedic cutscenes
- Various multi-player modes, including coop, PvP skirmishes and King of the Hill