Shipwreck Cove is one of the discoverable locations in Fortnite of Chapter 2, Season 1. The End Live event of Season X changed the entire map of Chapter 1 Athena, providing a new map called Apollo. Unmarked, and you can find this all-new landmark for you to check out. There are available challenges for you to achieve, each providing a considerable amount of experience points for you. If you’re curious about where to find Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite, this is the guide for you.
Where is Shipwreck Cove in Fortnite
You can locate Shipwreck Cove at the very south of the map. Spotted near Catty Corner and Lazy Lake, at the very edge on the southeast corner of the map, it should show up as a small inlet. Once you arrive, you can see that it is below all the mountains, where there are many wrecked ships. The shape of the cove has gone through multiple changes throughout the Seasons in Fortnite. At first, it starts as a rough oblong shape, and each season you will begin to notice that the water level rises until what you are looking for is almost “boot-like.” Players can also find a small building that has fishing rods inside.
If you were to drop here, this is where the storm would hit first. Since there are challenges available here, there are expected to be other players waiting, so be prepared and grab your shotguns when you jump off the bus. There aren’t many weapons here either, and it would most likely be a melee weapon battle; try your best not to be taken out by the storm. You can finish what you need to do here and move quickly.
List of challenges in Shipwreck Cove
One of the fastest ways to get experience points in Fortnite to level up your battle pass is by completing your daily, weekly, story, and milestone challenges. Maximize your experience points daily in modes like Save the World and Creative Mode.
- Visit 15 different landmarks.
- Shipwreck Cove is one of the discoverable locations on the map, and this is one of the 15 locations you can explore. Just drop in, and it will be complete.
- Search 10 chests at landmarks
- Like all other landmarks, you can find loot boxes here.
- Visit Shipwreck Cove, Yacht, and Flopper Pond (Meowscles’ Mischief Challenge)
- Visit these locations to complete the challenge. Similar to “Visit 15 different landmarks”, only this time it focuses on specific locations.
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck.
- This challenge takes time as multiple portraits are washed to shore on Shipwreck Cove. If you have time to look at these, each has a character that has not been seen in Fortnite lore. There have been a few speculations around the community where there may be upcoming skins or hinting about the storyline.
- There are three family portraits for you to discover.
- Portrait 1: The west side of the area is a portrait of a woman who does not appear to have eyes.
- Portrait 2: North and slightly to the east, near a giant rock, there is another portrait; you are looking for a seemingly rich man wearing something like a monocle.
- Portrait 3: Walk over to the east side and find a bathtub. Inside is the final portrait of a man with glasses, sitting in a chair while smoking a pipe.
Where is Shipwreck Cove now After Chapter 2?
What makes Fortnite a blast to play is that aside from the battle royale aspect of the game, you will witness significant events and cinematic cutscenes to keep players on their toes. The game is deliciously riddled with lore as the world constantly changes around Loopers (a term used by NPCs to call players). Live events were introduced when Epic Games sent a meteor falling from space. Loopers even created their theories and ideas on what may happen back in Chapter 1, Season 3, which was a kick starter to excite players for the following season, Season 4.
With these events leading up to Chapter 3, we say farewell to Shipwreck Cove, and other landmarks as Fortnite has moved on from the old map to provide new places to experience and explore. Now Chapter 2’s map has submerged underwater when “The Foundation” (voiced by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson), Agent Jones, and you, the player, team up to fix the “Zero Point.” The Zero Point in this story refers to the nexus orb that created the different realities in existence and serves as a bridge between them.
Your new team finds themselves escaping a laboratory under the island as it begins to tip over. As the Looper escapes, zombies begin to attack the windows of the laboratory. Water bursts in and begins to fill the lab with water. At the very end of Chapter 2, you find yourself stranded in the middle of the ocean, watching as the entire island begins to flip upside down. From this epic scene, every location you knew from Chapter 2 is gone, bringing life to a new map.