Hi there 👋,
Google has officially completed the rollout of the helpful content update…and there has been slightly more activity. Have you noticed anything? (I’ve still seen nothing across my sites).
Okay…my Post of the Week is very, very good. Sam Underwood has put a ton of effort into a new guide on the Ahrefs blog: 11 ways to improve e-commerce category pages for SEO. What I love about this one is that it includes references from the likes of John Mueller and Ryan Levering, as well as his own case studies which validates what he’s saying.
A resource I’m sure everyone will continue to reference when they work on e-commerce sites. 🔥
Until next week!
Post of the Week
Did you know that nearly 50% of SEO incidents take at least four to seven days to detect?
Don’t wait until your next crawl to notice something is wrong. With ContentKing 24/7 monitoring and alerting, you’ll have eyes on your site at all times so you can detect and fix SEO issues before search engines even notice.
The rollout of the helpful content update was complete as of September 9, 2022.
This is such a cool tutorial by Greg Bernhardt! He shows you how to write a Python script to scrape SERPs for a given keyword and analyse the top X sites to find many Insights including:
- ahrefs URL rank
- Backlinks count
- Referring domain count
-Top anchor text count by backlinks
- Top anchor text count by referring domain
- % where a query one-gram is in an anchor text
- Average ahrefs link rank of backlinks
Processes & Frameworks
You probably use keyword clustering to create new content, but how about to help reduce cannibalization? This excellent guide and case study from Andy Chadwick shows you how! 💡
Solid guide on the user and SEO implications of infinite scrolling by Tim Neusesse 🙌
Another smash hit from Adam Gent on why SEO documentation can fail, and the benefits of shared understanding. Lots of examples and practical advice as always!
An awesome free SEO content audit template by Mike Ginley 👏👏
Do keyword research, competitor research and more, all inside Google Sheets.
It includes 5 PRO functions 👇
- Search Volume – Get search volume for 1000s of keywords across any location, in seconds.
- Related Keywords – Get 1,000s of related keywords for a seed keyword.
- Competitor Keywords – Get all of the keywords competitors are ranking for.
- Search Results – Get search results across multiple countries and languages.
- Questions – Get 1,000s of question keywords for a seed keyword. And 6 FREE functions: Status Code Checker, Redirect Checker, Local Keywords, Link Checker & XML Sitemap.
My Products 💡
Join over 350+ SEOs who have used my course 📊 Everything I’ve learned, tried and tested about SEO forecasting. Including a FREE Google Sheets template to help you build your own forecasts.